Validate and Merge the Duplicates in your CRM with AutoMerge
After you have analyzed and tagged your duplicate Leads/Contacts/Accounts in your CRM, you have to validate and remove them.
- View your already analyzed/tagged duplicates from the dashboard and list view.
- Modify the list view to your needs
- AutoMerge a few duplicate sets at once
- Viewing AutoMerged (deactivated) records in a subgrid from the remaining active Winner record.
- AutoMerge a whole list of duplicate sets at once!
The dashboard shows these high level stats:
- How many duplicates you have and how they were found (MatchType)
- How large your duplicate sets are (# records / set)
- Who has been creating the duplicate records
- What precision numbers your duplicate sets fall into. From 0 (loosely matched) to 100 (closely-matched), according to your customizable precision rules.
List View of Duplicates
Next browse to your Contacts and open the AM Contacts Dupes (^) View. This view lists your duplicate Contacts by highest precision first. Duplicate records are grouped and given a Rank. Each set will have 2 or more records, all of which can be AutoMerged with a single mouse click. The Rank=1 record is the winner-designate and will remain active after you AutoMerge the set, but will of course disappear from this list of duplicates.
Copy and Customize Duplicates View to your Needs
Now you can add your own columns to the view to help you validate the duplicate sets and that they are sorted properly. While on the AM Contact Dupes (^) view:
- Click the Advanced Find button at the upper right,
- In the new window, switch Use Saved View: to AM Contact Dupes (^)
- Click and add columns as necessary. And OK to close the Add Columns dialog.
- OK to close the Edit Columns dialog.
- Finally click the and give your new personal view a name.
- And back on your main window, refresh (F5) to see your new personal view in the list.
AutoMerge Some Duplicate Sets
Now you can select records from multiple sets and AutoMerge them all at once. Even though the animation shows selecting the Rank=1 records from the three duplicate sets, you may select any (or all) records from any (or all) sets on the page and AutoMerge all sets with a single click. The behavior is the same no matter what records you’ve selected from each duplicate set. The Rank=1 record is the winner-designate and will remain active after you AutoMerge the set, but disappears from this list of duplicates.
AM Contact History (Losers) View
Switch over to the AM Contact History (Losers) View to see the 3 contacts just AutoMerged (hence deactivated) and in the highlighted column you have links to the remaining active Winner records.
AutoMerged Contacts Subgrid within the Winner
In the above view, click directly on the link to the Winner (3rd column). In the customized form you can see the AutoMerged Contacts subgrid and the loser record for historical reference. That is until you decide to recover the space by bulk deleting the inactive Contacts in your CRM. By default all fields not-populated on the winner will be pulled from the first Loser, according to increasing rank.
AutoMerge the Whole Page of Duplicates at Once
Now you understand how to validate that matching and ranking are being performed to your requirements, you can start to AutoMerge large numbers of duplicates quickly.
Go back to the “AM Contact Dupes (^)” view, select the whole recordset, and click the AutoMerge button. Depending on how many duplicates you selected, it could take a few seconds. The process works synchronously by default to help you keep track of which records you’ve done already, but it can be configured to run asynchronously too.